Allah’s Apostle (sallallähu alaihi wasallam) said, “When the people of Paradise have entered Paradise and the people of the Fire have entered the Fire, death will be brought and will be placed between the Fire and Paradise, and then it will be slaughtered, and a call will be made (that), ‘O people of Paradise, no more death!
O people of the Fire, no more death!’
So the people of Paradise will have happiness added to their previous happiness, and the people of the Fire will have sorrow added to their previous sorrow.”
[Bukhari Book:76 No:556]
The Prophet (Sallallähu alaihi wa sallam) said: “A day spent in the Path of Allah is better than a thousand other days”. (Nasai)
The Prophet (Sallallähu alaihi wa sallam) said: “To be in the Path of Allah, for a short while, is better than worshipping on the night of Al-Qadr in front of Hajaril-Aswad (the Black Stone)”. (Ibne-Hibban)
The Prophet (Sallallähu alaihi wa sallam) said: “He who suffers a headache in the Path of Allah, and hopes for a reward, then all his past sins are forgiven”. (Tabarani, Majma-’uz-Zawaid)
1) Good Attitude – A Muslim must always have a positive attitude toward life. We say, “Al Hamdulillah” (Praise be to Allah) for whatever He gives us (or doesn’t give us).
2) Help – Our prophet, peace be upon him, stressed the importance of men helping their wives and Allah tells us the importance of women being mates and helpers to their husbands. This is a real “win-win” situation, if we just follow it.
3) Trust – Muslims, men and women are ordered to be trustworthy and follow the example of our prophet, peace be upon him, as the “Trustworthy”.
4) Respect – You get respect, when you give respect. This is mandatory for all Muslims toward all people, how much more toward the spouse?
5) Joy – Our prophet, peace be upon him, used to entertain his wife, Ayesha and she used to play and race with him. She said, “I used to out-run him, but then when I got heavy he used to outrun me”. He told us to play with our wives.
6) Forgiveness – Clearly, this is one of the most important aspects of Islam. Whoever does not forgive – will not be forgiven. This comes from Allah, Himself. We must learn to forgive each other’s mistakes so we won’t have it against us.
7) Time – Spend time, alone – together. Go for walks. Take a bus ride. Visit a friend or someone who is ill (you get big rewards for that). Fast together on Mondays & Thursdays if you can. Make hajj – this is a great way to get a “new start” on life. Trust me.
8) Worship – connection with Allah through ritual of prayer, petition and peace while moving together in the salat is something a non-Muslim can never really appreciate. Our prophet, peace be upon him, used to lead his wife in salat, even though he lived connected to the mosque. He told us not to make our homes like grave yards. We should offer some of our sunnah prayers at home. A sister gains the most rewards at home, in her room, behind a screen.